On March 27, MoFo hosted Out Leadership’s first Quorum event of 2018 in the firm’s San Francisco office. Over 40 legal professionals and others attended the “Rethinking Corporate Governance” panel discussion.
San Francisco partner and co-chair of the firm’s Social Enterprise and Impact Investing Group Susan Mac Cormac provided the evening’s welcoming remarks, emphasizing MoFo’s commitment to LGBTQ+ issues.
The panel discussion explored the importance of increasing the diversity of corporate boards, in particular by increasing the number of LGBTQ+ board members. Panelists included:
- Susan Angele, Senior Advisor, Board Governance, KPMG Board Leadership Center
- Stephen Franco, Managing Director, Socially Innovative Investing, US Trust
- Matt Fust, Senior Advisor, Quorum, Out Leadership
- Cathy Halligan, Independent Board Director
- Suzanne Killea, Private Wealth Advisor, Managing Director – Investments, Merrill Lynch
- Alfredo Silva, Partner, Co-Chair of MoFo’s Social Enterprise and Impact Investing Group
Attendees received valuable advice about how to advise their clients who are interested in diversifying their boards as well as some tools for persuading those who may be reluctant to make a change.
Out Leadership is a global advisory firm dedicated to driving LGBT equality and creating business opportunities for emerging leaders. In 2015, Out Leadership launched Quorum, an initiative to identify and place senior LGBT+ executives on corporate boards. MoFo has been a member of Out Leadership since 2014.
MoFo’s Susan Mac Cormac provided the evening’s welcoming remarks
Over 40 legal professionals gathered in our San Francisco office
Panelists, including MoFo’s Alfredo Silva, talked about the importance of increasing the diversity of corporate boards